The Newstead Arts Hub is auspiced by Newstead 2021 Inc. Our Committee of Management is a sub-committee of Newstead 2021.
Current CoM membership 2018-19:
- Julie Patey 0408 528 536
- Prue McAdam 0428 391 707
- Geoff Park 0418 138 632
- Chris Johnston 0418 512 471
- Milton Moss
- Richard Stewart
We meet monthly at the Arts Hub: anyone is welcome to our committee meetings to offer suggestions, raise concerns, or simply listen in on proceedings.
New committee members are always welcome: just fill in the nomination form:
2018 Nomination Form, Newstead Arts Hub
There are also lots of great volunteers roles: helping with exhibitions, creating our garden, helping with communications and more.
The role and responsibilities of the Newstead Arts Hub Committee of Management are to:
- Provide good governance in accordance with state & federal laws.
- Implement and review the Strategic Plan – click here to download
- Work with the community of Newstead and surrounds to encourage participation in the life of the Arts Hub
- Negotiate with MAS over matters concerning the conditions of the sublease.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the facility, including ensuring it is maintained in a safe and proper condition.
- Operate the facility in a financially, environmentally and socially sustainable way.
The committee comprises people with a diversity of skills and capabilities, covering areas including the arts, business and community development, financial management, marketing and promotion, and sustainability. Importantly, it involves local individuals with the passion and drive to contribute to the success of this exciting local arts and community project.
The current Terms of Reference can be downloaded here.
A Working Together protocol was developed in 2017 which resolved that the NRAH Committee will – in working together as a Committee and in our relationships with the wider community:
- endeavour to treat each person with respect, listen with care, and be open to different ideas
- work with honesty and integrity towards our common goals
- value diversity
- seek to be inclusive and collaborative in our decision-making
- communicate with care, try to avoid being defensive, and seek out mutually beneficial outcomes, especially when tensions and conflicts arise, as they inevitably will
- help and support each other so that we can each contribute fully to the work of the Committee and the Arts Hub.