We are on the hunt for a coordinator. Might that be you?
Are you well organised, good at coordinating events and activities, and love communicating on social media? And are you freelancing or running your own business and able to take on the Newstead Arts Hub within your portfolio @ around 15 hours a month? If that’s you, we would love to hear from you.
Please read the description and send us your Expression of Interest on or before Wednesday 26 August to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or to have a chat about the role,please contact NAH Committee members Chris Johnston (0418 512 471) or Geoff Park (0418 138 632).
Here’s a snapshot of what we are looking for – but please read the full description before applying:
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for a person or organisation that can support our volunteer Committee with the coordination of exhibitions, workshops and events, promotion and communication, and to help us further develop and extend NAH programs.
We are looking for an independent contractor to provide these services. Working with the NAH Committee, the appointed Coordinator will undertake specific activities and work towards defined outcomes. This is not an employment opportunity. The appointee will need to be an independent contractor as defined by the Australian Taxation Office.
- Events, exhibitions, workshops:
- Managing bookings and the NAH calendar
- Liaising with organisers and participants.
- Communications and promotion:
- Collating social media and website data
- Updating the website and social media
- Managing NAH email, responding or redirecting as needed
- Acting as a point of contact for NAH
- Managing visitor records and our Mail Chimp mailing list.
- Expanding NAH reach:
- Identifying funding and development opportunities
- Working with the Committee on grant applications
- Supporting the Committee to help identify and build new program elements.
- Participating in Committee meetings and assist as requested
- Coordinating key actions arising from meetings.
Attributes: We are looking for a Coordinator with have the following attributes:
- Strong skills and demonstrated experience in organising and coordinating multiple tasks, working alone and with others.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to present ideas in clear and succinct ‘plain English’
- A good team player who is able to recognise and engage the skills and abilities of others and work under the direction of a community-led Committee
- A demonstrated interest in community-based organisations and an understanding of the Newstead community and the NAH
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks and effort effectively
- Capacity and skills to support the Committee in building the financial and social sustainability of the NAH
- Competent in the use of MS office tools (especially Word, Excel) and the use of web and social media (WordPress, Instagram, Facebook).